Creador del tema: antididiJimenez confident he will remain at Al Ahli
Jimenez confident he will remain at Al Ahli

[Imagen: &MaxW=640&imageVersion=default&AR-141229239.jpg]

Al Ahli playmaker Luis Jimenez has ruled out a return home to Chile anytime soon as he is confident of negotiating an extension to his stay at the defending Arabian Gulf League ­champions.

Jimenez, who is registered as Ahli’s Asian player after getting Palestinian papers before the start of the 2013/14 season, has been linked to a number of Chilean clubs in recent weeks, including Colo-Colo and University of Chile, but the 30-year-old former Lazio, Inter and Parma midfielder insisted such a move was not possible as he has no plans to leave the Rashid ­Stadium.

“I do not know where they have got this news from,” the midfielder, who last played in the Chilean championship in 2002 for Palestino before moving to Italy, said in Chilean media.

“The truth is it is impossible for me to move to Chile at this moment.”

Jimenez, who arrived at Ahli in 2011 after nine seasons in Italy, is hoping to sit down with the management in January to discuss an extension to his contract, which expires at the end of this season.

“The truth is I am very comfortable here and the club treats me very well,” Jimenez said.

“I do not want to leave and the club management has promised to sit down with me in January to discuss a contract ­extension.”

Meanwhile, Ahli have failed in their bid to bring in Peruvian striker Paolo Guerrero from Brazilian club Corinthians.

Guerrero, who at US$4 million (Dh14.7m) a year is among the highest-paid football stars in the Americas, was reportedly offered a three-year deal, worth $5m a year, by Ahli. Guerrero was expected to make the deal official in January.
According to the Brazilian newspaper O Globo, however, Guerrero has changed his mind since and rejected Ahli’s offer, and the negotiations between the two parties have come to a standstill.

arizvi@thenational.ae

http://www.thenational.ae/sport/jimenez-...at-al-ahli

Se queda cornutto en el Al-Ahli, y si Paolo Guerrero se iba a jugar con los camellos Perú era fijo colero en eliminatorias. Le doy el beneficio de la duda solamente...
Responder

Posibles temas similares...
Tema Autor Respuestas Vistas Último mensaje
  Fin a la aventura del 'mago': Luis Jiménez fue desvinculado en Arabia Saudita tras recibir amenazas (Bio Bio) Waterfall 17 397 19-09-2019, 01:46 PM
Último mensaje: Waterfall
  El complejo momento que vive Luis Jiménez en Arabia Saudita (cdf) Waterfall 14 298 17-09-2019, 06:31 PM
Último mensaje: KASH
  Al-Ahli rechazó la oferta que River hizo por Paulo Díaz Niko_ 3 123 15-06-2019, 09:51 AM
Último mensaje: MATAMOSCAS
  Lío para Baeza y Díaz: Al Ahli cesó a Pablo Guede (CDF) Waterfall 6 205 06-02-2019, 03:01 AM
Último mensaje: PhillipLahm21
  En Argentina dan por hecho traspaso de Paulo Díaz a Al Ahli de Pablo Guede (24 Horas) Waterfall 51 1,121 16-08-2018, 05:09 PM
Último mensaje: Waterfall

Usuarios navegando en este tema: 1 invitado(s)